Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Me, myself & I

"i am free to be who i really am... no pretenses, no broken promises, no fear... just a life packed with hopelessness and unattainable dreams, 'cause im just livin' like i shld... my life..." everyone has hopes and dreams but dun they know that hope is the denial of reality and that dreams will forever be just dreams?

Bloggers

Blog on the Tyne Hazel Izuan Kim Hang Mr. Brown NS chains Qin Hao

Links

Cool Running
Despair Inc.
Facebook profile
Friendster profile
NUFCsg
NUFCsg Forums
NUFC official site
S G R U N N E R S


MusicPlaylist
MySpace Playlist at MixPod.com


design by

!ndomitable >> Jeeohdee

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

[160908] Damian, the misunderstood one

Friends and random people who visit this blog to read about my mundane life and my whining, whimpering and random outbursts, am I what I seem to be? Or do you think I am what I portray in person? hmmm, question that got me pondering, a colleague of mine pointed out to me that I should smile more and talk more (read: be more sociable and less of a loner, in simpler hokkien terms, dont be so DAO).

Erm, ok... do I portray a very fierce, unapproachable kind of persona? Maybe it's reflex action, afterall 8 years of service to the corps and a further 2 years in CD as an instructor hardly allowed myself to become a smiley, chatty, affable kind of a guy. But I hardly think I'm a dao kind of guy, leaning slightly towards the loner mentality perhaps, not so sociable perhaps but then again, i warm up slowly to people and you can't really fault me on that.

Why should I go around with a smile on my face? Makes me feel kinnda spastic and weird. I don't smile unless something amuses me and I don't dance unless i hear some music (ok, i take that back, that analogy doesn't work: I don't dance even if i hear music but you get the general gist of the statement im trying to make? Do you?) Oh well, can't be too bothered with that but just got me thinking...

Perfect example of a spastic smile, wouldnt be too nice for me going around with that look on my face would it?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Think i touched on this topic many times now, would you voluntarily commit yourself to a religion for the sake of love?

With the wide spread (& popularity) of Christianity (just an example, could be Buddhism, Islam or any other religion), chances are high when you meet someone new, that someone new might be of a different faith. So you go through the entire circle, the dating, the wooing and finally you got together. In the course of courtship, the matter of faith might be overlooked, afterall, when hormones and feelings of love are mixed together, everything else fades to the background.

But in time, perhaps you decide he/she is the one, that it's time to apply for that HDB flat together, what then? Most of the religions would require the other half to convert. (this is true for Islam and Catholics, not too sure about Christianity in general) Would you willingly do so? In my instance, a non-believer. Would I willingly convert and merely pay lip service to a religion i would have no faith in, no beliefs in and no trust in? All for the sake of love and a lasting marriage?

If I do so,i would just be lying to myself and my other half. And yet, if i don't it would seem that i do not perceive the relationship to be as important as my faith and beliefs (or lack of it). Damned if I do, Damned if I don't. A perfect catch twenty-two. No way out. How do I answer that question?

The saying goes: Love conquers all but does it now? Can it conquer faith?

I think the answer to that would be to find me a nice chinese gal who's either a free-thinker, an atheist or somebody who just doesn't care. Saves me the headache in thinking so much.


turion at 14:29